- CHLORINE AND FLUORIDE – POISONS LABELED AS “SAFE” CHEMICALS
- AND NOW FOR THE “UNSAFE” CHEMICALS
- EVILS LURKING IN YOUR TAP WATER
- PURE WATER HEALTH WATER
- OUR SYSTEM REMOVES
- WATER THE UNIVERSAL SOLVENT
- WHAT DEGREE OF POLLUTANTS WILL THREATEN HEALTH?
- WATER AND MINERALS
- PURE WATER ON TAP, OR PURE MINERALS & CHEMICALS ON TAP!!!
- UNFILTERED WATER ACTUALLY INCREASES BODY TOXINS
- WATER – by Ron Kennedy, M.D., Santa Rosa, California
CHLORINE AND FLUORIDE – POISONS LABELED AS “SAFE” CHEMICALS
Two chemicals commonly added to municipal water supplies are chlorine and sodium fluoride. Dr. Walker notes that poisonous gas chlorine was first used as a weapon in World War I, before it was used to poison the bacteria in our water suppliers. Bragg warns that if the chlorine in drinking water is “sufficient to produce an offensive smell, enough chlorine may enter the intestinal tract to destroy helpful bacteria and thereby deprive us of the important vitamins which they make for us.”
Bragg’s book calls fluoride “one of the most potent poisons known to man.” The same sodium fluoride used in our water supplies up to 1.2 parts per million is used in higher concentration as a roach and rat killer and pesticide. Citing a documentary by Peter Gray, The Grim Truth About Fluoridation, Bragg says the origin of adding sodium fluoride to water supplies occurred in 1939 when an industry commissioned a biochemist to find a use for the large amount of sodium fluoride wastes produced by aluminum pot lines. Big industry pressured state and local governments to fluoridate their water supplies, and the public was given the sales pitch that fluoride would prevent tooth decay. Bragg notes any intelligent person knows tooth decay is caused by “poor nutrition, especially the use of refined white sugar,” rather than the lack of fluoride in their water supply.
The standard label on a shipment of fluoride is quoted in The New Drug Story, reading: “Warning – Corrosive liquid… The vapor or liquid material is very dangerous when it comes in contact with the eyes, skin or any part of the body, or if taken internally. When in contact with the skin, it can cause painful and slow-healing burns. Exposure to more than fifty part fumes per million of air is known to be fatal in thirty to sixty minutes. You are dealing with a substance so corrosive that it will eat through a quarter inch steal plate in a few minutes.”
More than 700 chemicals have been found in our drinking water, and 129 of these chemicals have been cited by the EPA as posing serious health risks. Yet the EPA requires that our water supplies be tested for only 14 of these chemicals.
Commenting on the financial and political overtones of the fluoridation issue, Harvey Diamond in Living Health contrasts the publicity given to the AIDS virus versus the publicity given to fluoride poisoning: “In the same five years, from 1981 to 1986, that 10,000 people were succumbing to AIDS, a whopping quarter of a million people died from fluoride poisoning. Twenty-five times more deaths and not a word? How come? (Diamond emphasizes he is not suggesting that victims of AIDS did not merit their publicity, but merely that victims of fluoride poisoning deserved more publicity than they received.)
It should offer no consolation to know that most public health officials consider these three contaminants “safe” But there are many other pollutants that, although less common in our water supply, are more hazardous. The update to Bragg’s book cites an ABC News study revealing that more than 700 chemicals have been found in our drinking water, and 129 of these chemicals have been cited by the EPA as posing serious health risks. Yet the EPA requires that our water supplies be tested for only 14 of these chemicals. Consider these statistics from the July 29, 1991, issue of U.S. News & World Report:
- Despite passage of the Safe Drinking Water Act in 1974, one in six Americans (40 million people) continue to drink water containing excessive levels of lead, a heavy metal that can impair IQ and attention span of children. One in six children under the age of six have elevated levels of lead in their blood.
- In early summer, half of the waterways in America’s Corn Belt are laced with unhealthy amounts of pesticides.
- A quarter of all private wells in Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska and South Dakota, have been found to be contaminated by excessive levels of nitrate, which has been determined to be carcinogenic on animals. The magazine termed current research on the effects of nitrates in humans as “disturbingly incomplete,” but said, “Scientists are certain, however, that nitrate in large doses can pose a threat to babies… In 1986, an infant in South Dakota died after being fed formula made with water from a private well with exceedingly high levels of nitrate.”
- The EPA estimates that as many as 17 million Americans may be threatened by excessive levels of radon, a radioactive gas that permeates ground water at the highest levels in New Jerseys, New England and the Western Mountain states. Preliminary studies have found that drinking water with radon can double the risk of soft – tissue cancers.
- Waterborne illnesses are on the rise. Municipal water plants use filters and disinfectants such as chlorine to control the spread of microbes, but evidence suggest many microbes are resistant to chlorine and some are small enough to get through filters. Water is both chlorinated and filtered in Carrollton, Ga., but in 1987, water contaminated by a chlorine-resistant parasite led to the illness of 13,000 residents. And Montreal researchers have found one-third of all gastrointestinal illnesses are caused by drinking water.
- Although 70 percent of Americans drink chlorinated water, “its safety over the long term is uncertain,” the magazine states. A study by the National Cancer Institute found that drinking chlorinated water may double the risk of bladder cancer, which strikes about 40,000 people annually. Scientists also have discovered that chlorine reacts with organic material in water, such as decaying leaves, to produce hundreds of hazardous chemical by-products, including chloroform.
- A 1987 study of 1,000 top-priority “Super-fund” hazardous waste sites revealed four out of every five sites were leaking toxins into ground water. Our ground water supplies are being threatened not only by these major Super-fund sites and large chemical plants, but by small businesses such as dry cleaners and service stations. A Congressional study found about 10 percent of the nation’s 1,4 million underground gasoline pipelines are leaking.
- The U.S News & World Report issue warns, “While assessing the health risk of a single chemical is difficult, evaluating the effects when two or more chemicals are combined is even trickier. In regulating drinking water, officials have looked at the risks from each contaminant individually. But in fact, studies show that some chemicals are much more lethal when mixed together… Text to go here.
EVILS LURKING IN YOUR TAP WATER
Retired American Surgeon ROBERT D WILLIX JR., in his book: “3 Minutes a Day to a 120 Year Lifespan” advises simply to stop drinking the water that comes out of your tap. He concedes that chlorine kills the bacteria that cause typhoid, cholera and dysentery, but the problem, according to Willix, is that chlorinated drinking water is directly responsible for more than 4200 cases of bladder cancer and 6500 cases of rectal cancer every year in America.
There is as much water on earth today as existed 5000 years ago. It has been flushed, drained, poisoned, filtered…and it always lands up back in the same place …YOUR TAP.
Water consumption is a basic, everyday routine. We drink it, mix it into drinks, and without it we can’t survive. Strange then that the very substance giving us life can also be responsible for giving us disease.
There are evils lurking in our TAP WATER. While it is possible to remove bacteria by boiling ( if any survived the chlorine) it is not possible to boil away dangerous chemical compounds and heavy metals.
As many as 750 different chemicals have been identified by the World Health Organization in the tap water the world over.
In her book “Health healing” Dr. Linda G. Rector Page, N.D., Ph. D. wrote the following: Unfortunately, most of our tap water today is chlorinated, fluoridated, and treated to the point where it can be an irritating, disagreeable fluid instead of a valuable benefit.
In the book “FIT FOR LIFE”, page 107, you can read the following shocking information. “Every 30 minutes three people die from cancer, caused by fluoride, in America. According to Dr. Dean Burke, former chief biochemist at the National Cancer Institute, more than 50 000 Americans a year are dying of cancer caused by fluoridated drinking water.
We do know that a healing apparatus is present and functions in a healthy body and we learned in addition, by means of this treatment that it can be reactivated if the body can sufficiently be detoxified (in degenerative disease and cancer). Pg.131 A Cancer Therapy.
IF YOU WANT TO SUFFICIENTLY DETOXIFY YOUR BODY FROM NUMEROUS DISEASES, THE BEST WAY TO START IS TO GET A REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER PURIFICATION SYSTEM INSTALLED IN YOUR KITCHEN.
PURE WATER HEALTH WATER
- Preventing Premature Aging.
- Lubricating the Body Joints and Aiding the Muscles Tone and Flexibility.
- Removing Waste Products from your Body.
- Reducing the Risk of High Blood Pressure.
- Reducing the Risk of Cancer.
- Alleviating Fatigue to the Liver, Kidneys and Heart.
- Speeding up the Recovery from Illnesses.
- Controlling Body Temperature and the Distribution of Nutritional Elements.
- Reducing the Risks of Birth Defects, Protecting the Growth of Children’s Intelligence, their Baby Growth and the Memory of Adults.
- Losing Weight, Keeping it off by Converting Fatty Deposits into Energy.
- Reducing the Problem of Water Retention.
- Nourishing Dehydrated Sagging Skin, Leaving it Clear and Healthy.
OUR SYSTEM REMOVES
WATER THE UNIVERSAL SOLVENT
Water Dissolves Everything it comes into contact with and Keeps it in Suspension.
Water has been Flushed, Drained, Chlorinated, Filtered …….. And it always lands up back in the same place ….. YOUR TAP!!!
What about Minerals in Water?
Although bottled water is rich in minerals, unfortunately these minerals are not present in a form that our Bodies are able to use easily.
Unlike the Minerals in Fresh Fruits and Vegetables, those in Mineral Waters are Easily Deposited in our joints, muscles and tissues, where they can cause Stiffness, Gall or Kidney Stones, Premature Aging of the skin and even Cataracts.
Remember, the body cannot use Inorganic Minerals. They only Contaminate Water, placing a burden on the body, as it has to expand energy to eliminate them. Besides that, they can clog up the vital tissues and arteries.
THE HUMAN BODY IS 70% WATER
Brain – 80.5%
Lungs – 80%
Muscles – 75%
Blood – 90.7%
Kidneys – 82%
WHY IS PURE WATER SO IMPORTANT?
- Next to oxygen, pure water is the most essential element to sustain human life.
- We all know that we should drink between 6&8 glasses of water daily.
THE MAIN REASONS ARE:
- IF OUR BODY WATER LEVEL DROPS, OUR PERFORMANCE DROPS & WE FEEL LISTLESS & TIRED.
- WATER HELPS TO PURIFY THE BLOOD.
- IT REDUCES STRESS ON THE HEART & STOMACH.
- IT CLEANS THE BODY’S OWN FILTERING SYSTEM.
- IT PROMOTES THE REMOVAL OF BODY TOXINS.
- IT ALLOWS BETTER CIRCULATION TO THE EXTREMITIES.
- IT FLUSHES IMPURITIES FROM CELLULAR MEMBRANES.
WATER IS FOR MORE…THAN JUST QUENCHING OUR THIRSTS
WHAT DEGREE OF POLLUTANTS WILL THREATEN HEALTH?
|CLEANING METHOD||FILTERING METHOD|
|MAIN DISEASE REASONS||POLLUTANTS||PURIFICATION
|heart disease caused by hypertension||(Na) Sodium|
|neuralgia caused by black foot disease||(As) Arsenic|
|neuralgia caused by kidney disease||(Pb) Lead|
|backache caused by skeleton disease||(Cd) Cadmium|
|electrolyte unbalance||(K) Potassium|
|disease caused by digestive system||(S) Sulfur|
|disease cause by digestive system||(Mg) Magnesium|
|poisoning caused by organic phosphorus||(P) Phosphorus|
|substances causing cancer||(Cl) Chlorine|
|decayed tooth, causing cancer||(chloride)|
|acid & alki unbalance||(alkali)|
|intestinal catarrh||(large intestine bacteria)|
|acute infectious diseases||(virus)|
|hepatitis||(DIOXIN – herbicide)|
|cancer||(particles of radioactive rays)|
|poisoning , hepatitis||(pesticide)|
|stone, intestinal catarrh||(sediments)|
|toxin of poor appetite||(odour)|
Our bodies need Minerals, but in an Organic form…Minerals from food (meat, vegetables and fruit) are different from those in water. Most minerals in water are still in an inorganic form. Only a plant (through the process of photosynthesis and the adding of enzymes) can convert inorganic minerals into organic minerals. Cells reject inorganic minerals and deposit them in various organs, joints and in the circulatory system.
Inorganic minerals may lead to: Kidney Stones, Gall Stones, Ossification of the brain, Arthritis, Heart disease, Hardening of the Arteries, Premature Aging of the Skin and even Cataracts.
Remember, the body cannot use Inorganic Minerals. They only contaminate water, placing a burden on the body, as it has to expand energy to eliminate them. Water is an agent to remove waste from the body, not to deposit waste.
Looks Fine…. Tastes Fine….
DOESN’T MEAN IT’S PURE!!!
Water Consumption is a basic, Everyday Routine.
We Drink it, Mix it into Drinks, and without it we can’t survive. While it is possible to remove Bacteria by Boiling (if any survived the chlorine) it is not possible to boil away Dangerous Chemical Compounds and Heavy Metals. Unfortunately, most of our Tap Water today is Chlorinated, Fluoridated, and treated to the point where it can be an Irritating Disagreeable Fluid instead of a VALUABLE BENEFIT
All Domestic Water is Constantly re-cycled and Treated with additives and Chemicals. Cancer Risk among People drinking Chlorinated Water is 93% higher than among those whose water does not contain chlorine.
U.S. Council of Environmental quality.
- Chlorine can destroy protein in our body and have adverse effects on Skin & Hair.
- Chlorine has been found to contribute to arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), asthma attacks, nausea and disorientation.
- Chlorine is a powerful irritant, which also destroys Vitamin E. (a natural antioxidant which helps to prevent cancer).
WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATIONS HAVE IDENTIFIED 750 DIFFERENT CHEMICALS IN TAP WATER THROUGHOUT THE WORLD
|LEAD||LOWERS THE IQ IN CHILDREN. CAUSES LEARNING DISORDERS. HYPERACTIVITY. CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DAMAGE. HIGHLY TOXIC TO PREGNANT WOMAN.|
|ALUMINIUM||THE MAJOR CAUSE OF ALZHEIMERS DISEASE.|
|CADIUM||CAUSES ANAEMIA & KIDNEY FAILURE.|
|FLUORIDE||MOTTLING OF TEETH AND SKELETAL DAMAGE.|
|MERCURY||ATTACKS THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM.|
|NITRATES||STUDIES SHOW THAT IT CAUSES CANCER IN LABORATORY ANIMALS.|
CHLORINE INTERACTS WITH DECAYING PLANT MATTER TO FORM TRIHALOMETHANES, A KNOWN CANCER CAUSING AGENT.
IT HAS ALSO BEEN SHOWN TO CAUSE A RISE IN CHOLESTROL LEVELS WHEN PRESENT IN DRINKING WATER. CHLORINE DRIES OUT SKIN AND HAIR, WHAT IS IT DOING TO YOUR INSIDES?
|YOUR HEALTH IS IN YOUR OWN HANDS!!!|
Consider that the body, in early adulthood is made of approximately 65% water, and you will see how absurd it would be ignore its importance. Water is the medium in which all the other aspects of this course are dissolved. Next to air, it is the most immediate need of the body. Without air, you can survive five to ten minutes. Without food, you can survive for weeks. Without water, you can survive around 72 hours.
At birth you were about 75% water. If you make it past 95 and die of old age, you will be about 25% water. You will have transformed from a plum to a raisin in your 95 plus years. This is called age related dehydration. Therefore, one of the most important anti-aging strategies is to remain well hydrated at all times.
The body is made to work perfectly and age slowly. No one knows how long the body is designed to live, because no one has ever spent a lifetime doing the best things for his or her body. Few people are actually interested in doing the best things for the body, and of that small percentage of people who want to live in maximum health and vitality, correct information is woefully lacking. It is even worse than that — in the place where correct information should be, mythology exists. Nowhere is this better seen than in the state of information about water. Let us clear up all the misinformation about water.
It is true that the body needs minerals. It is not true that drinking water containing minerals is good for you — quite the contrary — it is lethal. Let me explain. The function of minerals in the body is to serve as co-enzymes for the enzymes which direct metabolism. Without its proper mineral, an enzyme cannot function correctly. Without the function of the enzymes systems of your body, your metabolism would come to a screeching halt, and you would die immediately.
A mineral, to be useful to the body, must be in a form in which it can be taken up by its matching enzyme. There is only one way a mineral can be utilized by an enzyme: when it is delivered to its enzyme by an organic molecule. An organic molecule is made of a string of carbon atoms. When a mineral is in such an association with an organic molecule, it is said to be chelated. A chelated mineral can be transferred to an enzyme, so that mineral can then function as a co-enzyme. A non-chelated mineral cannot be transferred; therefore, it is worse than useless.
The body must first chelate a solution of minerals in a plain electrolytic solution, to be useful in the body. The human body has limited capacity to chelate minerals. Compared to plants, this ability is very poor. The consumption of foods of plant origin supplies the body with minerals it can use immediately, because they are in the chelated form. This is true of foods of animal origin to a lesser degree, but foods of animal origin come with an excess of “cides” (herbicides, pesticides, etc.), preservatives, antibiotics, synthetic hormones, etc., which far outweigh any mineral value it might provide. Food of plant origin is high in water content, and this is the best source of water available to you.
The best source of straight water is distilled water. There was a time when nature provided pure, distilled drinking water in the form of rainwater and melted snow, sleet, hail, etc. However, since the advent of industrial pollution in our atmosphere, most rain is polluted, due to its passage through a polluted atmosphere between the time it condenses in a rain cloud and the time it strikes the earth. Therefore, atmospherically derived water is no longer a viable source of pure water. The only distilled water left is steam-distilled water.
There is no good third choice of water. Carbon-filtered water is highly touted, mainly by the people who sell carbon filtration equipment, but many minerals are left after filtration. Reverse osmosis is a better solution, but still leaves inorganic minerals present. I suggest you leave these solutions alone and opt for some combination of steam-distilled water and the juice of organically grown vegetables and fruits. However, some systems combine carbon filtration with reverse osmosis and this is, to me, an acceptable solution.
The worst possible choice you can make is mineral water. The common sources of mineral water are (1) tap water and (2) bottled mineral water. The minerals in mineral water are inorganic and therefore worse than useless to the body. Inorganic minerals are not only unavailable as co-enzymes; worse than that, they crystallize in the body, both inside and outside the circulatory system. When they crystallize outside the circulatory system, they cause such problems as arthritis. When they crystallize inside the circulatory system, they are deposited in the walls of your arteries and, over the years, contribute to the plaque formation of arteriosclerosis. These atherosclerotic plaques yield only to prolonged chelation therapy, and while it is true that they can be dealt with in this manner, is not prevention a much better alternative?
Prevention of arteriosclerosis is accomplished through a diet high in fiber and balanced between protein and complex carbohydrate content and the drinking of only pure water. Mineral water, whether derived from bottles at a high price, or from a faucet for almost nothing, is dangerous to your health because, over the course of years, it will give you hardened arteries and arthritic joints.
If you drink tap water, you are choosing the least sensible solution possible. While it is true that tap water has been treated so that no dangerous bacteria are present, it is still loaded with inorganic minerals. In addition, it also is loaded with the chlorine used to kill the bacteria. The full effects of this chlorine on the body are not yet known, and if you drink it, you might as well enroll in a university study to measure the effect of large doses of chlorine on the human body. If you were part of such a study you would at least be making a contribution to future water drinkers.
Fluoride also is added to tap water in the name of tooth development in children. Whatever benefits for growing teeth this may provide are overshadowed by the effect of fluoride on the enzyme systems of the body. Fluoride, folks, is a proven carcinogen!
Other ways to satisfy your body’s need for pure water is to drink, tea, coffee and soft drinks. If you do this, given what we know about the content of these items, you must have a strong death wish.
For most people, at least for those who are leading busy lives, the best solution is to drink only steam-distilled water. If you have not already developed this practice, I strongly recommend that you do so now. The cost is around $6 per week for an average adult, and this includes both your drinking and cooking needs. Needless to say, it makes no sense to drink only steam-distilled water and then cook with tap water. Use only steam-distilled water for cooking.
The alternative is to buy a filtration system. This is a much better solution than drinking tap water and much more economical than steam distilled water. Do not economize when selecting a system. The best systems use two carbon filters in tandem with a reverse osmosis filter and operate off the pressure supplied by your own tap water system.
If you are one of these people who drinks mineral water — perhaps that fizzy, carbonated, entertaining stuff from Calistoga or France — please know that you are doing your body no favor at all through this practice and you are spending much more for your water than you need to. Most of all you are promoting the crystallization of minerals in the soft tissues of your body and, over time, you will pay dearly for this practice. When the arteries, which supply your optic and auditory nerves, are clogged, you will pay for your inorganic mineral intake with loss of vision and hearing. Each one of the organs in your body depends on an unrestricted supply of blood for optimum function. If you clog your arteries with inorganic minerals, you will lose that optimum function. This includes the brain (by ischemia and stroke) and the heart (angina and heart attack).
The purity of the water you drink is critically important to your health and vitality. I have presented you with accurate information regarding this subject. Look in your phone book yellow pages under “water.” Regular delivery of steam distilled water or a double filtration/reverse osmosis system are the most convenient and economical methods of having this precious fluid on hand at all times — short of buying and operating a steam distiller in your own home. Recently steam distiller technology has come of age and is well worth looking into. For the cost of distilled water delivered to one person for one year, a counter-top steam distiller can be purchased. Search for the words “Water Wise” on the Internet and see what you come up with.
The rest is up to you. For your liquid needs the proper action is to allow only pure vegetable and fruit juices and steam distilled water, sans inorganic minerals, to pass your lips. This practice, all else being equal, will add many vital and healthy years to your life.